26 May 2010

Summer Arrived

So today was super hot...like Louisiana hot...very unlike the cool weather we've had since I arrived in country. The best thing to eat on a hot day (or, I think, anytime) is the cold Bulgarian soup: Tarator. It is my new favorite food and is super easy to make. TARATOR 1/2 cucumber, peel it, then grate it using a cheese grater 1 garlic clove, minced or smashed 2 cups plain yogurt 1 cup water 1 teaspoon (or more is better) salt 1 tablespoon dill, finely chopped 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil Mix together and serve! You can also chopped walnuts and all the amounts can be adjusted to taste.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having a great time. I love the pictures. Can't wait to try the soup :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Made it tonight...absolutely delicious. Ate it with and without walnuts..I love the walnuts added to it!!! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete