15 May 2010

Going to my village!!!

I received my satellite placement this morning. I will be spending the next 11 weeks in a small community (population 1,036) near from Vratsa. I am soooo excited and nervous to meet my host family! The awkwardness of the first dinner will, I’m sure, be great. They do not speak English and my Bulgarian is VERY limited. I’m nervous about giving them my gifts, cross cultural faux-pas, and figuring out basic things like shower times and laundry. I brought pralines from Louisiana, a picture book of America, and a magnet with the Washington Monument on it that also functions as a F/C thermometer. Four other community and organizational development volunteers will be with other families in the same community. My fellow group members are great and I'm so excited to get started!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!!!! Sounds beautiful there and the pics are great. Have a blast, can't wait to hear what your host family is like. Ok well I gtg to work, keep at it Megan and know that even tho you are most certainly missed here in Louisiana, I am damn proud to call you friend! Sincerely Joseph

    ReplyDelete