24 April 2012

Farewell at Petar Parchevich School

The school threw me a goodbye celebration, it was fantastic! The best goodbye gift was the notebook the kids filled with letters and pictures to give to me. Working at the school was one of my favorite parts of Peace Corps service and I will treasure the book and memories with the kids for a long time. 

...with two of the teachers and the director....they provided snacks, I brought Twizzlers and other candies to try.

...after drinks and snacks we played frisbee and drew outside.


Saying goodbye to the school was difficult. Before Bulgaria, I’d never spent time with kids, now I look forward to working with youth. No matter what was going on in my life at the time, it always made me smile when I would go to the school. The kids would see me coming and lean out the window to yell my name. Little things make them happy and their demands are easy to meet. We played games, talked, laughed, and were happy.  Whatever I do next, I will hold on to the good memories I made during dodgeball games, arts and crafts activities, and spending time with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment