05 February 2012

Offline

Chiprovtsi
 The cold weather has seriously disrupted internet. Anxiety was a bit high this week as I tried to translate a super-technical proposal for updating the municipal water system, keep abreast on law school decisions, and plan upcoming events with friends. Though it’s not perfect, Google translate makes translating a lengthy proposal a million time easier than it otherwise would be. At the very least, it gives the ‘gist’ of what is being written, then I clean it up and make it sound nice. When the subject includes construction specifications and uses jargon words that I’m unfamiliar with in English, much less Bulgarian, the internet is a lifesaver.

The only good thing about being ‘offline’ was that I was unable, for the most part, to obsess over law school applications. I ended up applying to 14 schools. I’ve heard back from five schools so far, but decisions may come as late as April/May and I could be on waitlists until August. Driving me crazy! 
Car under snow in Zhelezna

Post office yard in Chiprovtsi


No comments:

Post a Comment