13 June 2010

Ledenika Caves

I visited the Ledenika Caves on Saturday. They were incredible. The five of us from K, left early in the morning and were the first group to arrive for a tour. Four older ladies joined our group. The tour was entirely in Bulgarian, but the guide made sure to wait for us at every stopping point and tried his best to help us understand the different geologic features of Ledenika. The largest room is the 'Concert Hall' and actually hosts concerts at different times. The inner rooms are a steady 45* F, but in the first room, 'Predverieto,' the temperature varies and crystalized icicle formations are present during the early spring. This is where the name Ledenika comes from. The entire tour took a little more than an hour.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I've been there, It cost me 20 leva as there was nobody buying a ticket only me and my GF and I had to buy 5 tickets, but I really enjoyed it, it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete